Automotive General Sales Manager Paragon Honda
New Managers joining our organization typically double or triple their previous years income in their first year with us. Our large advertising budgets, professionally managed business development center, award winning e-commerce department, are all supported by the best technology in the business. Be able to support a work enviroment that ensures a positive customer experience at every step of the purchase or leasing experience. Achieve team goals by training , motivating,coaching and developing an expert sales staff.
The General Sales Manager is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the dealership;
- Oversee, manage and direct all operations of the automotive sales and ecommerce departments to achieve maximum production and company objectives, while controlling expenses, inventory management, obtaining profit objectives and achieving customer service benchmarks;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
1. Maximum productivity, customer service and profitability.
- Manage the sales department to achieve company sales goals, customer service satisfaction standards and profitability goals are commensurate with company standards.
- Ensure the sales process is followed to achieve vehicle sales.
- Oversee the operational viability of the dealership sales department to maximize customer lead generation and adhere to franchise standards.
- Achieve dealership market position by staying current on customer buying trends.
2. Management Reporting and Expense Control.
- Prepare, monitor, evaluate and communicate strategic reports to dealership management detailing sales and profitability of the department.
- Assess market conditions to ensure the dealership is positioned to maximize its investment.
3. Develop Employees.
- Effectively recruit, hire, train and manage qualified team members to ensure best practices and processes are achieved.
- Maintain accurate job descriptions and communicate expectations with employees.
- Be supportive, provide open work atmosphere that promotes teamwork and creativity.
- Communicate and enforce dealership policies and procedures.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations of staff.
4. Operate with integrity:
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Communicate and help resolve customer complaints and adjustments.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 + years of Automotive Sales Management or equivalent experience.
- Proficient knowledge of dealerships's current company management systems.
- Good organization skills.
- Professional communication skills.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy requirements.
- Must be insurable.
- Detail oriented.
- Work performed in a office and dealership setting.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers and move about facilities.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
- Perform other duties as required.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes our company standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
- Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
- Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
- Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the dealership by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
- Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Our team members enjoy a positive working environment with opportunities for professional growth through training and advancement from within the organization.
Our team members also enjoy a comprehensive benefits program including:
Medical, Employee discounts on vehicle purchases, parts and service Paid-time-off
Comprehensive employee recognition programs.
Continued training through the manufacturer.
Opportunities for career advancement.
When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits.
Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. We reserve the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a drug free workplace.
We Would Love To Talk With You!
Apply By Clicking The "Apply Now" Button